[dev] [en] Debian development packages available

Thomas Preud'homme robotux at celest.fr
Ven 29 Mar 17:28:56 CET 2013

Hello to you,

Matteo Cypriani and myself are working on a Debian package for sat and needed
dependencies. The packages are now mostly ready so we put them online so that
people can try and use them.

To use these package, you'll need to add the following line to your
/etc/apt/sources.list (or to one of the file under /etc/apt/sources.list.d):

deb [ arch=amd64 ] http://people.debian.org/~robotux/pkgs/ unstable main

That means only packages for the amd64 architecture are available right now
but I'll try to provide some for armhf (maybe also armel) and i386 soon. The
version of this package is chosen so that when the packages will be uploaded
to the Debian official archive, it will migrate seamlessly.

Before installing anything, you should check the PGP key that signs the
archive. Run all the following steps (1-4) as root

1) First, import the key in a new keyring (robotux.gpg):

gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/robotux.gpg --recv-
keys E851CC9AE4743BA4

2) Then check the signature of this key is fine. It's signed by my key which is
in the debian keyring containing the keys of debian developers so we need to
install the debian keyring:

aptitude install debian-keyring

3) gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/robotux.gpg --
keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg --check-sigs E851CC9AE4743BA4

if a ! (exclamation mark) follows "sig" it means the signature was correctly
verified. You should have 2 signatures, the self signature and the one from my
Debian Developer's key:

sig!3        E4743BA4 2013-03-29  Thomas Preud'homme APT archive
<robotux at debian.org>
sig!         BD52529E 2013-03-29  Thomas Preud'homme (RoboTux)
<robotux at celest.fr>

You can then proceed and import the key in the apt keyring:

4) gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/robotux.gpg --
export E851CC9AE4743BA4 | apt-key add -

You can now update your apt database and install sat:

aptitude update
aptitude install sat-xmpp-primitivus sat-xmpp-jp sat-xmpp-wix

Of course you can decide to only install one of the frontend (that is, only
install sat-xmpp-primitivus and not the others for instance).

Best regards,

Thomas