[SàT dev][fr] Wix et wxPython 3.0

Matteo Cypriani mcy at lm7.fr
Jeu 11 Sep 17:55:20 CEST 2014

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 23:34:16 +0800, Thomas Preud'homme <robotux at celest.fr>
wrote:
> Le mercredi 10 septembre 2014, 12:57:49 Adrien a écrit :
> > I'm not sure how sat_media
> > should be shipped: with the sat-xmpp-core package on with an additionnal
> > sat-xmpp-media package?
>
> The former is more difficult because it's in a different tarball and would
> require us to use multi-tarball Debian source package. However I suppose
> sat_media and sat evolve in lockstep so that might make sense. I need to
> think more about this. Matteo, any opinion about it?

I had forgotten about multi-tarball source packages, so I didn't consider
that, but why not. For now sat_media is about 2 MiB, which is not huge. Is
there a big advantage in not creating a separate package?

If we do that, we could split sat_media and put the files in the appropriate
packages. For example, the icons used only by wix would go in the wix
package, the libervia directory in the (future) libervia package, etc. Not
sure whether or not it makes sense.

  Matteo