[SàT dev][fr] Wix et wxPython 3.0

Thomas Preud'homme robotux at celest.fr
Jeu 11 Sep 18:11:37 CEST 2014

Le jeudi 11 septembre 2014, 11:55:20 Matteo Cypriani a écrit :

> I had forgotten about multi-tarball source packages, so I didn't consider
> that, but why not. For now sat_media is about 2 MiB, which is not huge. Is
> there a big advantage in not creating a separate package?

One less binary package or more if we try to have icons associated with the
right package. However the size might not make it worth it.

> If we do that, we could split sat_media and put the files in the appropriate
> packages. For example, the icons used only by wix would go in the wix
> package, the libervia directory in the (future) libervia package, etc. Not
> sure whether or not it makes sense.

It does. It's another good point for this. Doing it with a separate source
package would be possible but lead to more binary package and you know our
dear FTP masters don't like this.

I'd say if we go to the route of multi-tarball source package (which might be
fun, just to try that out) it makes sense to assign them to the right package.
Otherwise let's just have one sat-media package as the size is not very big.

Best regards,

Thomas