[SąT dev] [en] some news

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Mar 10 Mar 09:35:28 CET 2015

G'day,

as we mainly speak on the muc room, we don't give a lot of news here.
So, to quickly summarise:

	- we are doing an important refactoring to use Libervia with
QuickFrontend. QuickFrontend is a template for frontends which do most
of the frontend logic, so it's easy to implement a new frontend (in a
perfect world, we would just have to do the graphical stuff). Porting
Libervia on it will factorise a lot of code, simplify the maintenance,
and allow to implement stuff for every frontends at once (every frontend
based on QuickFrontend of course).

	- we have implemented multi-profiles on QuickFrontend/Primitivus:
multi-profiles exists since the begining in the backend, but Primitivus
was only managing one profile at once, so you had to launch several
instance of it if you wanted more. Now you can use as many as desired in
the same instance, and other frontends based on QuickFrontend can do the
same if needed (Libervia stay mono-profile for simplicity)

	- our second XEP was published (XEP-0356), after merging the
refactoring branch, we'll work on implementing them.

	- Souliane has implemented MAM (Message Archive Management, XEP-0313),
and Result Set Management (XEP-0059), that allow to have go further in
microblog history (so far we were only displaying the 10 last). It a
next release, it will also benefict to chat by allowing server-side
history (specially usefull if you use XMPP with multiple devices)

	- We (well, mainly Souliane) have also worked on the new version of the
website, which talk more about the association, and less about technial
stuff. We are preparing the coming of general audience release.

As you see, we are moving forward.

Now, in the close future we have to:

	- merge the multi-profiles/QuickFrontend branch, this is nearly done
(we hope to finish tomorrow)

	- implement the XEP-0355 an XEP-0356

	- work on file upload

	- import our own blogs

	- do a couple of side stuff

We have roughly estimated the next release around the second half of
April. We also start at the same time a adhesion campain for the
association, we hope to have ~6000 members before the end of the year,
which would allow us to support our life with the project.

Any question welcome, and don't forget that we are most of time on
sat at chat.jabberfr.org MUC room.

Cheers
Goffi