[SàT dev] [en] Need help to track an Ajax issue with Firefox

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Jeu 14 Jan 22:31:18 CET 2016

Hello,

I have an issue with Firefox/Iceweasel 43. If I launch the devtools with the
console or the network tab, I realise that many post request (Ajax request
with XmlHttpRequest) are aborted. This usually means a network issue, or a
coding error (or a abort() made on purpose), but I haven't found the problem
so far.

I'm running a Debian Sid, and I have tried with the beta of firefox 44 and have
the same problem (I have also tried --safe-mode to avoid add-ons). But if I go
with Chromium, I don't have this issue at all.

The issue is also happening on the demo on libervia.org, and I don't know when
it started (it's a bit difficult to bisect the code as we have had many changes
during the 0.6.0 developing phase, on different components).

So if some of you can try to use libervia.org and tell me if they have post
request aborted using the devtools/network tab (they appear in red in this
case), specially on json_signal.

I have tried on an other computer with firefox 42, no pb there, so I suspect a
bug on firefox 43.

Also the loading of libervia is really slow if you have a lot of articles,
this is due to the creation of blog widget with pyjamas, we'll try to improve
that.

We were talking about realising 0.6.1 for last Christmas, but we have finally
decided it would be better to wait a few weeks more and release a more stable
version. We have already fixed a lot of annoying bugs :)

Cheers
Goffi