[SàT dev][en] Need help to track an Ajax issue with Firefox

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Sam 16 Jan 22:07:19 CET 2016

Le samedi 16 janvier 2016, 00:09:02 Baptiste Mouterde a écrit :
> Hey!

Hi Baptiste, thanks for your feedback

> I did the test here. running debian sid and iceweasel 38 was fine.
> but on iceweasel 43 I have the same problem.

Ok, so that confirm that there is an issue with Firefox/Iceweasel 43. It can be
either a behaviour change, or a bug.

> I noticed once I did an action (sending a message, changing status) the
> blocked request end its journey to the land of libervia.
> So I guess the request is pending until latest status change?

There are 2 kinds of requests: methods call (when you have any action: sending
a message or changing a status), and the one managing signals,
json_signal_api, which use long polling technique and is called again each
time a signal is received (a signal is any event: new message received, status
has changed, etc). So json_signal_api should be pending nearly all the time,
and when a signal is received, a new call is made.

It really smells like a Firefox bug.

By the way, I have committed a change yesterday (not yet available on the
online demo), which show a visual feedback (not only in javascript console) to
the user when connection with server is lost, so this issue should be more
obvious.

Also we are planing to move to websockets, but this is not a priority at all
as current behaviour is (normally) working well, and we have many other things
to do. If we can't find a solution, we'll maybe move on websocket earlier as
planed.

> hope this can help :)

It does, thanks.

I had to validate you message, which was blocked because you are not
subscribed on the list. Did you post with the same address that your
subscribed one?

Thanks
Goffi