[SàT dev][en] Implementation XEP-0070

chteufleur chteufleur at kingpenguin.tk
Dim 17 Juil 10:48:20 CEST 2016

Hi

> I couldn't try it with http://auth.xmpp.kingpenguin.tk and my jabber.fr
> account, for whatever reason it was not working.
I just check logs, and I get a "remote-server-not-found" error on
jabber.fr JID.
Will have to check why.

> - it's not clear what is the syntax used bu httpAuth.cfg. I've tried things
> like variable=value and it was working, but an example of config would be nice
> in the README
The example is in the httpAuth.cfg in the repos. Maybe it's not so
clear. I will add a sentence in the README to explain that.

> - the default values don't seems to work. I had to explicitly set
> xmpp_server_port=5347, it's not working otherwise
I just try, and it's working. Maybe you have to pull the repos, because
at the beginning they were no default value…

> - it would be useful to have a extra error code for malformed syntax, and an
> other one for unreachable jid or server.
Yes, great idea. I will add this.

> For the SàT plugin:
>
> - the popup message is not really user-friendly:
>
> "HTTP () Authorization for  (id: 12345method=POST).".
>
> A space is lacking between id and method, and it should be more explicit than
> the id need to be validated by user. I would use something like:
>
> "example.net needs to validate your identity, do you agree ?
> Validation code: 12345
> Please check that this code is the same as on example.net
>
> <Submit> <Cancel>"
The popup message should looks like "HTTP (POST) Authorization for
example.net (id: 12345)".
It think their is an issue here.
But yes, you're right. I not the best when it's about being
user-friendly… I will change the message.

I also see that the message send by my component looks like this some
times. I have to filter params en send error code if some mandatory
params are missing.

Thanks for your feedback. It's just what I needed for my component.
Geoffrey