[SàT users][OSX] Install supported ?

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Lun 23 Nov 09:23:09 CET 2015

Le lundi 23 novembre 2015 05:53:40, vous avez écrit :
> I installed zope.interface as indicated; no change. Still the same error.
>
> P.S: version of my twisted installation: 15.4.0.

OK, after looking for similar errors, the issue seems to be related to a
twistd plugin installed in the wrong location.
When twistd start, it look for twisted/plugins/*.py files (the twisted/plugins
directory *must not* have a __init__.py)

First, be sure to use python 2.7.x, we are not python 3 yet:
python --version

Then, check where is the twisted you are using:
python -c 'import twisted; print(twisted.__file__)'

and check that you have a twisted/plugins/ dir available in your PYTHONPATH,
i.e. in any of the path given by
python -c "import sys; print(sys.path)"

You can also go to sat/src and enter "twistd" without argument, you should see
a line under "commands" with:

sat              SàT (Salut à Toi) XMPP client backend

Hope this help

Goffi