[dev] Hello !

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Jeu 21 Juin 10:27:41 CEST 2012

Hi Matthieu, welcome on this list (and thanks for  the support) :)

yes I did 2 talks so far (JDLL 2011 and FOSDEM 2012), but they weren't catched
on video. I'll have an other one on next RMLL in Geneva (in French), on
Tuesday (10th of July).
Anyway, you can find some videos on my blog: http://www.goffi.org with some
explanations of the project/some features.

Great for the translation. For the record, I wrote the « contrat social » in
french first because it's my mother tongue, and I wanted to be precise and
clear. I can't review your translation right now (I'm at work, and tonight
I'll be busy), but I'll do it this week-end (and Etherpad is an excellent
idea).

You can join us on the XMPP Muc Room: sat at chat.jabberfr.org

For hg, we can manage patches on the mailing list.

I take the occasion to give some news of the project:

- the next release is close (really). I'm currently finishing a proof of
concept of a pubsub component which manage per-item permissions. In practical
terms, that will allow to do a better and more generic implementation of group
access (similar to Diaspora's apects or G+'s circles). It's already possible
in SàT, but the implementation was hacky and dirty. The good point is the
component will stay standard compatible, and can be used with differents  XMPP
servers/clients.

- I've also started a website for the project. So far I was using the wiki as
the main page, because I don't want to loose time on communication; but I now
think it's necessary for letting people understand more easily what the
project is. The website will be available with the next release.

- with the pubsub component, all the main parts of the architecture will be
available. It will then be possible to focus the work on usability, ...and
killer features ;)

- I will put a new live demo of the web interface with the next release.

More news this week-end...

Cheers
Goffi