[SàT dev][en] SàT and Libervia installable via Docker

Matteo Cypriani mcy at lm7.fr
Ven 24 Oct 16:06:41 CEST 2014

On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:50:37 +0200, Laura Bécognée <llo at ygllo.com> wrote:
> On 23/10/2014 23:29, Matteo Cypriani wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 23:10:25 +0200, Goffi <goffi at goffi.org> wrote:
> >> But as you are in 32 bits, it would not work anyway, you must use a
> >> virtual machine with e.g. Ubuntu 64 bits, or reinstall a 64 bits
> >> version... The last option is to rebuild the images, but it's not easy
> >> because you need a 32 bits version of debian:jessie.
> >>
> >> Sorry, there is not easy way :-/
> > I wonder if installing a 64-bit kernel and the 64-bit version of docker
> > would work. If you feel adventurous, you can try:
> >
> > dpkg --add-architecture amd64
> > aptitude update
> > aptitude install linux-image-amd64 docker.io_ docker.io:amd64
> >
> > (docker.io_ is to remove the 32-bit version of docker)
> >
> > Reboot on the amd64 kernel, and try again with docker. Not sure wether
> > or not that would work.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >    Matteo
>
> Thanks Goffi and Matteo. Yep, I can't install a 64 bit version of Linux
> for the moment, but one day, I will, and then I will retry to install
> docker and make you a rapport if it work (or don't work ;) ).

I'm not sure I made myself clear in the message above, but what I was
suggesting is from your 32-bit Ubuntu, without reinstalling the whole
system: it should be possible to run 64-bit processes just by running a
64-bit kernel below your current 32-bit userland.

> Glad to chat with you :)

Welcome here. You can also come on the chatroom
(xmpp:sat at chat.jabberfr.org) if you need support or just to chat.