[SàT users] [FIXED] Re: Segfault with fresh install ?

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Lun 18 Juin 10:53:38 CEST 2018

Le lundi 18 juin 2018, 06:32:50 CEST Xavier Maillard a écrit :
> Heya,
>
> > AttributeError: 'GenericList' object has no attribute 'focus'
>
> this was due to a too old version of urwid, I think. I had 1.0.3
> installed. So I remvoed it but as soon as I installed latest release,
> it was segfault'ing.
>
> I fiexed it by trying something very simple: downgrading urwid to
> something not too early ages.
>
> -> pip install -I urwid==1.3.0
>
> Miracle, there is no longer python stack or segfault.
>
> Python can suck at time ;)

Hi,

good that you find it. But Urwid should not segfault. I'm using 2.0.1
without trouble. It's probably due to a depencency, I don't think that
Urwid is compiling anything (a segfault is most certainly not coming from
Python code but from something compiled somewhere).

that's weird, I hope we'll find the source of the trouble so it will not
happen again.

++
Goffi