[SàT users] [FIXED] Re: Segfault with fresh install ?

Xavier Maillard xavier at maillard.im
Lun 18 Juin 22:06:43 CEST 2018

> From: Goffi <goffi at goffi.org>
> Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 10:53:38 +0200
>
> Le lundi 18 juin 2018, 06:32:50 CEST Xavier Maillard a écrit :
> > Heya,
> >
> > > AttributeError: 'GenericList' object has no attribute 'focus'
> >
> > this was due to a too old version of urwid, I think. I had 1.0.3
> > installed. So I remvoed it but as soon as I installed latest release,
> > it was segfault'ing.
> >
> > I fiexed it by trying something very simple: downgrading urwid to
> > something not too early ages.
> >
> > -> pip install -I urwid==1.3.0
> >
> good that you find it. But Urwid should not segfault. I'm using 2.0.1
> without trouble. It's probably due to a depencency, I don't think that
> Urwid is compiling anything (a segfault is most certainly not coming from
> Python code but from something compiled somewhere).

How could I debug this ? I have tried running python -m pdb and even
gdb without success.

I wish I could have isolated the broken lines but...

--
Xavier Maillard
e/j:xavier at maillard.im                w:www.maillard.im

GPG:                           9983 DCA1 1FAC 8DA7 653A
                               F9AA BA49 09B7 8F04 DE1B